Brandi Nik Kilbourne
Trying To Eat Healthy When Fast Food Is Your Only Option? READ THIS...
Eating fast food can be a lifesaver when you're on the go, but it's not always the healthiest option. Luckily, with a little bit of planning and some smart choices, you can still enjoy fast food without feeling guilty.
To help you make healthier choices when eating fast food, our FitNu Life Coaching team put together some tips that are easy to follow:
1) Take a peek at the nutrition information: Most fast food restaurant chains have nutritional information available online or in-store. Be sure to check the calories, fat, and sodium content of your meal before ordering. Opt for options that are lower in these areas.
2) Grilled over fried: Whenever possible, choose grilled or baked items instead of fried. This will help you reduce your intake of unhealthy fats.
3) Veggies are your friend: Add some veggies to your meal to increase the nutritional value and make it more satisfying. Look for items with salad greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and other veggies.
4) Keep portions in check: Fast food portions are often larger than necessary. Consider ordering a smaller size or sharing a larger meal with a friend or family member.
5) Say no to sugary drinks: Soft drinks and other sugary beverages can add a lot of calories to your meal without providing any nutritional value. Instead, opt for water, unsweetened tea, or other low-calorie drinks.
6) Customize your order: Many fast food chains offer customization options to make your meal healthier. For example, ask for your burger without cheese or sauce, or request extra veggies on your sandwich.
7) Resist the temptation of extras: Fast food restaurants often offer extras like fries, onion rings, and desserts. While they may be tempting, they're typically high in calories and fat.
Instead, choose a side salad or a piece of fruit.
8) Plan ahead: If you know you'll be eating fast food, plan ahead and choose a healthier option. Many fast-food chains have healthier options, such as grilled chicken sandwiches, salads, or wraps.
Remember, making healthy choices when eating fast food is all about finding a balance. It's perfectly fine to treat yourself every now and then, but aim to make healthier choices the majority of the time. With these tips, you can enjoy a quick and convenient meal without sacrificing your health.
#physicalwellnessmonday #physicalwellness #fastfood #nutrition #tips